Painting book contains CBSE proposed latest subject-matter of Fine Arts for the students of 12th standard who have opted Painting as one of their subjects, and that it will prove to be very useful to the learners and teaching professionals of this subject. The course in Painting class 12th cbse syllabus at Senior Secondary stage as an elective subject is aimed to develop aesthetic sense of the students through the understanding of various important well known aspects and modes of visual art expression in India’s rich cultural heritage from the period of Indus valley to the present time.
The objective of including the history of Indian Art (Fine Arts) for the students is to familiarize them with the various styles and modes of art expressions from different parts of India. This would enrich their vision and enable them to appreciate and develop an aesthetic sensibility to enjoy the beauty of nature and life. The students will also have an opportunity to observe and study the evolution of its mutations and synthesis with other style and the rise of an altogether new style. The students should be made aware of fine arts as a human experience like Vulture - Kamlesh Dutt, Arjun Detach from War - Sarada Charan Ukil, Tiller of the Soil - Nandlal Bose, Vanshri - Mrinalini Mukherjee, Words and Symbols - K.C.S. Paniker.
The purpose of introducing practical exercises in cbse painting is to help and enable the students:
- To develop skill of using drawing and painting material (surface, tools and equipment, etc.) effectively.
- To sharpen their observation skills through study of common objects and various geometrical and non-geometrical forms found in life and nature.
- To develop their skills to draw and paint these observations.
- To develop an understanding of painting-composition (The use of the elements and the principles of painting -composition).
- To create the forms and the colour schemes in imagination with an ability to express them effectively in drawing and painting.
- To express the different feelings and moods of life and nature in lines, forms and colours.